The use of cell phones is growing everyday. Some of today’s phones have all the abilities of our home, office, and school computers. With those abilities, also come the problems. Cell phones can be hacked and just like your computer, valuable information can be stolen. The following suggestions may help to keep your personal info safe when it comes to your cell phone:
· Always know where your phone is located. Keeping possession of your phone is the first line of defense against hackers and possible identity theft.
· Never accept files and/or text messages from a stranger.
· Use a password to protect your phone.
· Some of today’s phones have anti-virus protection available. If this is available for your phone, always keep it updated.
· Use of a Bluetooth has made it easier for hackers to get into cell phones. Always turn it off when not in use.
· Always notify your provider immediately if you have lost your cell phone, or suspect that personal information has been stolen from your phone.
Be safe while driving - use a hands-free device.
It's against the law to text while driving!