9/27/2002 11:14:00 AMLYNCHBURG, Va. — The most recent addition to the campus of Randolph-Macon Woman’s College, a house on the corner of Rivermont Avenue and Arlington Place, has been named The Muriel Zimmerman Casey Alumnae House, to honor Mrs. Casey, R-MWC class of 1953, who has served as the College’s Alumnae Director since 1972. Plans for her retirement in June 2003 were announced by President Kathleen Gill Bowman and Donna Hearn Wynne ’79, president of the Alumnae Association, in early September.
The September 21st announcement of the tribute was made at the College’s 44th annual Alumnae Leadership Council by Mary Jean Wellford Lindner ’48, of Washington, D.C., in whose honor the current Alumnae Suite was given in 1991. When renovations are completed, the new facility will house all the offices of the College’s Alumnae Association as well as the Association’s dress collection and other historical possessions. The house is being purchased and renovated by the alumnae body, which numbers more than 13,000 women.
Founded in 1891, Randolph-Macon Woman's College is a highly selective undergraduate liberal arts college of 780 women with a distinguished history of establishing global connections through international education. The College is a member of the International 50, a group of national liberal arts colleges recognized for their internationally oriented programs and has been recognized by U. S. News & World Report as one of the top 20 national liberal arts colleges for our percentage of international students.
CONTACT: Brenda Edson, Director of College Relations